Monday, June 6, 2011

Book Trailers

I have to admit, at first the book trailer seemed like a huge challenge for me.  Even though I am pretty tech savvy, I was nervous to create a movie about a book.  After tweaking it and finding the appropriate music, I was so proud of my work I showed several co-workers and family members to get their opinions.  Once getting the hang of it, I have to say it took very little time to complete.  I am looking forward to doing this in the upcoming year with my students as a new type of "book report" and publishing system for their personal writings.  Thanks to Dr. Smith for introducing this to me!

3 comments:

  1. I agree! I was intimidated, but by the end of it I was pretty darn proud of my work. I like the idea of using book trailers to hook my kids on new books, and the students would LOVE to make their own. I think this is a powerful tool for teaching literacy, especially in secondary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I love your blog. Very serene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your book trailer! I thought you did a fantabulous job on it! I think you could definitely use book trailers at your grade level. I struggled at first making my book trailer, but I can see how students would really love making these.

    ReplyDelete